Let’s Fly Away

planeI thought I might as well opt for co-pilot off the bat. At least I could watch and listen if we happened to plummet thousands of feet. Little planes have always made me a bit nervous, or rather the thought of them, so an 8-seater was no exception. I think of two words: ‘tuna can.’ Or maybe three… ‘airborne tuna can’

Then, again, how do you say no? You have to get your kicks somehow. The pilot, who flies for a major airline, is a friend of a friend, and he offered to give us a ride in his so-called ‘toy’ (not ‘tuna can?!’)

planeplane

Thankfully, the weather cooperated. What fun!

annkeilannkeilannkeil

In just over an hour, we were in Nashville, Tennessee, and I felt my southern accent coming back already. I only lived in Tennessee for three-and-a-half years when I was working for the ABC affiliate WATE-TV, but that twang was contagious!

Great first trip to Nashville. Live music should be a part of everyone’s life

… as long as I’m not a part of it. I was forced on stage to hit a few drums with the professionals this weekend. Why they picked me, I do not know. Embarrassing moment number 153,854,933,874.

I assumed they’d just expect me to do a little dance. Instead, I was trying to balance on a stool… in a dress… with my legs crossed… on a raised stage using my right hand. I’m a left-handed, randomly shy woman who last touched a musical instrument in middle school. Remember those plastic recorders?? Like I said…  embarrassing moment number 153,854,933,874.

You may also like

6 comments

Jo-Ann Forster December 19, 2012 at 2:49 am

You are limitless. Love your possibility attitude

Tory Burch Sale December 19, 2012 at 5:19 pm

It is unusual for me to find something on the net that is as entertaining and intriguing as what youve got here. Your page is lovely, your graphics are great, and whats more, you use source that are relevant to what you are talking about. You are certainly one in a million, good job!

is.gd June 13, 2019 at 12:25 am

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a
quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading
your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that
cover the same subjects? Thanks a lot!

Kathlene June 13, 2019 at 7:45 am

I’ve been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any
interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me.
Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good
content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

seksiseuraa June 13, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Outstanding story there. What happened after? Take care!

Thaddeus June 13, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords
but I’m not seeing very good gains. If you know
of any please share. Cheers!